Sunday 13 December 2009

Tiramisu Eggnog Trifle


I was looking for something special to bring as dessert our annual Christmas Party and found this recipe for Tiramisu Eggnog Trifle on Epicurious which got great reader reviews. I am not usually a huge fan of tiramisu generally, as I think it's mushy. Despite my best efforts to keep this one from being mushy (didn't soak the ladyfingers in the coffee mixture but a second), it was but it was still pretty good and was a great option for a group that isn't big fans of chocolate - I know, shameful!

The best part of this dessert is the visual presentation with the chocolate leaves. I was hesitant to tackle them, but all the reader comments said it was easy and it was. I used the bay plant leaves I had in my backyard with white chocolate (see above!) with a few redhots to make it look like a poinsettia. My only advice is to make twice the amount of leaves you think you'll need as some will break as you peel the leaves off.


No comments: