Wednesday 31 March 2010

Sole-Wrapped Asparagus with Tangerine Beurre Blanc















Well, I am back. Nearly 8 weeks ago I had my adorable son, Roark. He is a good baby, but nonetheless I've had my hands full and haven't had much time for cooking of late, but this week I started back at it. It feels good - I missed it!

We had some left over Dover sole (don't know if it was real Dover sole and when the Count asked the fishmonger at WF she looked at him like he had three eyes...sigh) and with this being asparagus season, I got on Epicurious to see what easy recipe I could find that would only require ingredients I already had on had. What a gem I found, sole wrapped asparagus with tangerine beurre blanc. Don't be fooled by it's fancy name - this was easy and delicious.

Truthfully, I didn't follow the instructions on the sauce. I reduced down the orange juice (didn't have tangerines) and added the drippings and shallots from the fish pan and then added a bit of butter but not nearly the amount the recipe called for (still have 8 more baby lbs to lose!!) and it was delicious. This is easy enough to be a weeknight meal but looks fancy enough to serve for a dinner party. Also, this isn't a particularly fishy dish so it's safe to serve to those that aren't huge seafood fans.

No comments: